Monday, August 3, 2009

Who Is your God?

Who is your God? What would you tell me about who God is? Would you describe what he does for you? When Moses asked who God was at the burning bush God said "I am who I am." In a way maybe He was saying "Look what I'm doing. Can you do this?"How often do we think of God as someone who should be making our world better? How outrageous! Maybe we need to rethink this. How do we fit into God's plan? After all, how big is your God? Would you prefer a god (notice the little g) who just makes life easier for you or Someone who has a much grander plan than you can imagine--probably not with you as the center of it. Much as I dislike being corrected; I trust that God has my best interests at heart and I will be better for it.
Read the story of Balaam in Numbers 22:1-24:25. He thought he could make some good money by taking over in the blessing and cursing business. That job belongs to God. Another story about taking over for God involves Abraham's wife Sarah. Look it up in Genisis 15:1-18:15.The Psalmist said it well "Who is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you visit him?"Psalm 8:4 NKJV. Like the words from the song "He is the potter; I am the clay." How many times have we asked God to fix things the way we want or believe they should be? Or do we fear getting too religious, if we ask for God's input in our everyday lives.Try it you'll like it and just keep reading those Bibles.

No comments: