Wednesday, July 1, 2009
God's foolishness vs. man's wisdom
Our pastor lost his finished sermon when the computer crashed. Computers are the best technology we have. They are faster and easier to compose with than the pen and paper, but God had another idea."For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength."1 Corinthians 1:25. How often I need reminded that God is so far out in front I'm not even in the race! I'm just riding on His shoulders.God has advice for us when things seem to be going wrong - "Be still and know that I amGod; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."Psalms 46:10. Remember who is in charge and call on Him and His wisdom. Trust that the one whomade our entire world can handle any problem that comes up. Try reading 1 Corinthians.Paul has a lot to say about God's wisdom, and how simple salvation is. Jesus just openedthe door to heaven to show us the way. Here's a third memory verse for this month: "Now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." 1 Corinthians 13:12 KJV. Look to your Bible in troubled times we all need to look for God's wisdom over man's knowledge.It's summer, enjoy God's creation, let him take care of things,and keep reading that Bible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment