Saturday, October 20, 2007

Oct. 2007

What happens when troubles come your way? Do you find it hard to trust God for the answers? Sometimes we, His people, turn our backs on his word and go our own way. Even when Moses led the Israelites through the Red Sea and delivered food from nowhere; they doubted God could be trusted to deal with life's troubles and annoyances. Then in Judges some of the most depraved stories in the Bible are found.Judges 17:6 "In those days there was no king in Israel. People did whatever they felt like doing." It's sad to see how quickly and how far God's chosen people fall. Judges shows the junkyard condition of people without God.These people were not reading God's instructions of what to do. God made us; and we've got to go to His repair manual, every time someone saved the Israelites in Judges, it was someone who had talked to God. We need to talk to the head mechanic.
We too may find it hard to trust God. Things seem to go wrong all at once--and we're right there in the dumps. But God says in Jeremiah 29:11 (The Message) "I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." Look that up in your own bible and see how it reads. That's your memory verse. Now don't forget that is just an old testament promise; it gets lots better in the new testament: John 10:10 (The Message) "I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of." For a pick me up read the book of Micah. This
is one feisty, positive prophet. Read with me from Micah 7:7(The Message) "But me, I'm not giving up. I'm sticking around to see what God will do. I'm waiting for God to listen to me."

No comments: