Sunday, March 1, 2009

Perfection

If you've been reading 1 Corinthians 13 carefully,you may know you're not perfect yet.
I am not always patient or kind, and I give up pretty easy sometimes. In fact the further down on that list I get, the more impossible it gets to live up to God's perfect love.Oh what a wonder that Jesus loves me!
Now look up the story of David being annointed King of Israeal. You will find it in 1 Samuel 16. One of my favorite memory verses is in this part, and it was only the second half of the verse. Here's the whole thing because it puts it in context and helps you find it."But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
The writer of 1 Corinthians does understand our struggle to be perfect; he also wrote "I do not do the good things I want to do, but I do the bad things I do not want to do." Romans 7:19 NCV Read all of this chapter and the next.
We as Christians will struggle to always do the right thing, but God knows our hearts. Don't let it get you down.Just remind yourself and the Devil that you are a baby learning to walk in God's way and keep on reading that Bible.

No comments: