Monday, July 14, 2008

July 2008

So if you remember last month's story.God's people have really done themselves in.They told Jeremiah he was all wrong about God's advice; and off they went.
Well you and I probably haven't told off any prophets of God Almighty, but I'm sure we've all gone our own way without consulting God. What do you do when you realize your mistake?
One of my favorite stories is in Acts, about a man I believe thought he was doing God's work. You see, he was trying to get rid of this new religious sect. God really gives him a big heads up, you're going the wrong way! Check this one out in Acts 6:8-8:3 (Stephen's story) and then Acts 9:1-31 (Saul's story).
Here's a memory verse for you: "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."Romans 8:28 KJV.The persecution of the church caused the word to spread throughout the world. The same zeal Paul had to destroy this new group, God used to attract and convert the gentiles.
Paul had an offering to God of a broken and contrite heart. That's the right "Oops, I
goofed "response to God. See your next memory verse. Psalms 51:17 "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." NIV
When we're wrong we just need to come humbly to our heavenly father and He will fix things.
Now just keep reading your Bible.

No comments: