I've been watching my 2 year old grandson chasing butterflies in the back yard. What pure joy he seems to have! Where is the adult who is joyful about such simple things?
After all God does such big stuff--like making the whole world; the universe even!! And
we, as adults seem to sit back bored with Him!
Where is our awe? Where is our sense of fear and trembling? Do we need a miracle
every day to keep our doubts and boredum away?
Looking in the Bible I found one big miracle in Ephesians 2:8. As a christian I call this
my everyday miracle. It's a real reason to be joyful.
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." There's your memory verse, I'm
very joyful over this one thought!
Psalm 16:11 is another good one, "You will show me the path of life; In Your presence
is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
There were two short easy verses I still hadn't looked up, and this is where I got
surprized by God and hopefully learned something.When I read that in Nehemiah,
Ezra was encouraging the somber people, after they heard the law read and explained to them. Nehemiah 8:10 "...Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your
strength."
Another one is "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say rejoice." Phil 4:4
This is from Paul after many years as a prisoner! Our joy comes from the inside
out! Read all of Philipians and Ephesians. and learn those verses, keep putting
God's word on the inside. Just read it.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment