Tuesday, March 20, 2007

March 2007

Have you heard the one about the boy who left his favorite teddy bear out in the sandbox after dark? His mom sent him out to get it saying, "It's okay Jesus is with you wherever you go." but from the edge of the lighted porch the little boy said "Mom, I really want
somebody with skin on, please!"
The Bible is full of verses that tell us God will wipe away all our tears. Isaiah 25:8 and Revelations 7:17. Psalm 126:5 says "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy."
I wrote this next bit at the end of January, as I began to be overcome by the sheer number
of families who were grieving among us.
Praise God my father, who comforts me! I am broken and forlorn; but I know I can
climb up onto my heavenly father's lap and be comforted. He is here for me to wipe
away all my tears, to turn my mourning into joy. I truly believe this is a fact; but each and everyone of us would rather have "someone with skin on."
The young Jesus when found in the temple by his parents said that he must be about His father's business.Read the whole story in Luke 2:41-49. As children of God we must be
about our father's business too.Acording to Paul in his letters that includes comforting one another. Read 1 Thessalonians and 1 Corinthians.
Your memory verse is Jeremiah 31:13, a promise from God that when your world is turned wrongside out he will make it all better.Just keep reading your bible.

No comments: