Friday, January 20, 2006

The Tall Order

It's the beginning of a brand new year. Have you made your New Year's Resolutions yet? Well this month I've found the ultimate New Year's Resolution. Go to Micah, (towards the end of the old testament); now find chapter 6 verse 8. To remember this
location 6' 8" is very tall and this is one very tall order.
Micah is apparently visiting with an angel, because in almost all the translations I've found he is addressed as mortal or human or something like that. This is one verse
I would like to encourage you to look up in several translations. Everytime something is translated it gets a slightly different flavor to it. Here I give you the Revised Standard Version:
He has showed you, O man, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
Many complain about all the rules and regulations, but look how simply God's law
can be condensed! In Matthew 22:36-40 Jesus replies with only two commandments,saying that all the law and prophets depend on them.Again in John 13:34 we are given one new commandment to love each other as he loved us, also a very tall order.While you're looking up these, don't forget the ten commandments-Exodus 20:1-20 and Deuteronomy 5:1-22. Please memorize all that you can of God's instuctions and be ready to teach not only your children as in
Deut:6:1&2, but any who will ask. See you next month for another Just Read It.

No comments: